“By making it symmetrical I confront the natural with the mechanical, the artificial. Architecture in itself is made entirely by people to be used and controlled by people. It is artificial. However, when people come and gather, it becomes like a city, a living organism and the situation transforms into something more natural. My works contain both those artificial and natural components. I’m attracted by the dynamism of the change from a simple form to a complicated organism.”
Artists unit by palla / KAWAHARA kazuhiko.
Consist of HIGASHIONJI masaki (film & video maker, graphic designer), NISHIKAWA bunsho (sound engineer, guitarist) and other.
palla / KAWAHARA Kazuhiko
Born in 1969.
Graduated from Osaka City University in Architecture.
Engaged in architectural design for 10 years.
- 2007 The Taro Okamoto Award for Contemporary Art / 岡本太郎現代芸術賞 入選
- 2006 Excellence Award, New Cosmos of Photography 「写真新世紀 優秀賞」 by Canon Inc.
- Solo Exhibition “STROKE” , Gallery Kai, Osaka
- Solo Exhibition “SECTION” , COHJU contemporary art, Kyoto
- “Move on Asia 2009: The end of video art”, Alternative Space LOOP, Seoul
- PALLALINK Exhibition “REFLECTIONS 5 / CROSSING, CLASHING”, CASO, Osaka
- Solo Exhibition “Iconography” and “REFLECTIONS 4” , Gallery Kai, Osaka
- PALLALINK Exhibition “REFLECTIONS 3 / the Earth”, CASO, Osaka
- “The 11th Exhibition of the Taro Okamoto Award for Contemporary Art”, Taro Okamoto Museum of Art Kawasaki
- PALLALINK Exhibition “REFLECTIONS 2 / ‘NARA’ – reflected forest”, Nara Prefectural Library & Information Center, Nara
- PALLALINK Exhibition “REFLECTIONS” CASO, Osaka
- “Cityscape Osaka –Osaka in Images and Osaka Liberating Images, CASO, Osaka “artist pick up: Cityscape from photography to moving images”, remo Osaka
- “New Cosmos of Photography 2006 Tokyo Exhibition”, Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, Tokyo
- Solo Exhibition “Creatures of the City”, Getsumin Gallery, Osaka
- Solo Exhibition “pre-pallalink”, Lim Gallery, Osaka
- 2004 Catalogue “The book of pallalink”
- 2009 DVD Caralogue “PALLALINK EXHIBITION & LIVE”
- 2008 AERA, Tokyo, “eye［環境］写真家の仕事／河原和彦”
- 2008 EL PAÍS, Madrid, “Retratar, cortar y pegar la ciudad sin límites”
- 2007 Wired magazine, USA, “Get Lost in Photographer Palla’s Kaleidoscopic Images of Japanese Cityscapes”
- 2007 Khooligan magazine, Russia, “interview: ART 2.0”
- 2006 Pingmag, Tokyo, “Pallalink – twisted symmetrie photographs”